How To Help
Other ways to Donate
Some animals come to the Shelter injured by cars, diseased, or horribly abused. The Shelter uses your donations to pay for surgeries, medicines and care that otherwise are not part of the Shelter’s budget or abilities. Without your donations, these animals would not be given a second chance to live a long, happy life.
You can help the homeless or displaced animals of Georgetown in a variety of ways!
- Make a cash donation for the shelter to use for animal welfare. The shelter collects donations to help support a number of programs not covered under the City budget. Monetary donations are tax deductible.
- Buy a Memory Brick in honor of a loved one.
- Order items from our Amazon wish list.
- Donate a discounted Kuranda bed for a dog or cat at the shelter. Simply go to kuranda.com/donate, and designate The City of Georgetown Animal Shelter for your donation.
- Bring your aluminum cans to the shelter, which turns them in to the recycling center for cash.
Volunteering your time is another important way to help to help the animals. We’ve documented that the euthanasia rate drops when we have more volunteers to help take the animals out to the public at events like the Red Poppy Festival and the Georgetown Christmas Stroll. We have ideas we haven’t implemented because we don’t have enough people to put them into action. Some programs have gotten bigger and need more people to support them.