Most shelter pets make wonderful, loving additions to a family. The animal shelter usually has a variety of cats and dogs for adoption into new homes, everything from purebred dogs and cats to mutts and mixed breeds of almost every shape and color imaginable.
- Browse through the below list of available cats and dogs, which is updated daily, and send an email to express interest or ask questions about a specific pet.
- If you find a pet that you want to meet, we encourage you to submit the online adoption application found HERE.
- We will set up an appointment for you to meet the animal – and take him or her home if you wish.
The normal adoption fee is $75 for puppies and kittens and $70 for adult dogs and cats (over 7 months). If you live within the city limits of Georgetown, you may be required to purchase a $5 pet license as well.
Senior animals (7+ years) are $25 or less, as are Lonely Hearts (long-term shelter residents). Other adoption specials vary from month to month. All adoptions include:
- vaccinations including bordetella (appropriate to species and age)
- heartworm or feline leukemia test (appropriate to species and age)
- deworming medication
- small bag of food
- pet license (for Georgetown residents only)