Most shelter pets make wonderful, loving additions to a family. The animal shelter usually has a variety of cats and dogs for adoption into new homes, everything from purebred dogs and cats to mutts and mixed breeds of almost every shape and color imaginable.
- Browse through the below list of available cats and dogs, which is updated daily, and send an email to express interest or ask questions about a specific pet.
- If you find a pet that you want to meet, we encourage you to submit the online adoption application found HERE.
- We will set up an appointment for you to meet the animal – and take him or her home if you wish.
The normal adoption fee is $70 for non-residents and $75 for residents. Senior animals (7+ years) are $25 or less, as are Lonely Hearts (long-term shelter residents). Other adoption specials vary from month to month. All adoptions include:
- vaccinations including bordetella (appropriate to species and age)
- heartworm or feline leukemia test (appropriate to species and age)
- deworming medication
- small bag of food
- pet license (for Georgetown residents only)
Please consider carefully before adopting a pet. You should be willing to make a fifteen-year commitment to a new pet, providing it with whatever it needs for its physical, mental and emotional well-being for the rest of its natural life. Cats and dogs are totally dependent on us for their needs if they are to have a good quality of life. Puppies and kittens are lots of fun, but remember they will be adult dogs and cats in a year or so.