Update May 7 –
The Animal Shelter will continue to process adoptions and drop-offs by appointment only. People need to call (512) 930-3592 to schedule an appointment prior to coming to the shelter.
Georgetown Animal Shelter will modify some operations beginning at 6 p.m. on March 17 in order to promote the health and safety of community members and staff.
The modifications to Georgetown Animal Shelter operations include the following:
- The shelter will be closed to walk-in traffic. Doors will be locked during normal business hours to minimize the number of people in the shelter at any given time and to eliminate casual visitors.
- Stray animals will be accepted by appointment only. Signs on the door and online will direct people to call for appointments. To make an appointment call 512-930-3592 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lost animals will be returned to their owners through appointment only. Owners who are missing pets should email a description to email@example.com or call 512-930-3592.
- Surrendered animals will be accepted only on an emergency basis to minimize the number of animals coming into the shelter.
- Adoptions will proceed via appointment. Pre-approved applications can be collected through email. Dogs and cats available for adoption may be seen at https://pets.georgetown.org.
- City licenses will be sold over the phone, email, or postal mail.
- Adoption events and other events are canceled for March, April and May.
- Animal Control will conduct business as usual.
Appointments to drop off stray animals, surrender animals and reclaim animals should be made during normal business hours. The shelter’s normal business hours are 11-6 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday and 12-4 on Saturday and Sunday. Residents may contact the shelter by calling 512-930-3592 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Animal Services will continue to monitor the situation daily to determine whether to extend or reduce the timeframe of modified operations. All updates can be found on the City of Georgetown’s COVID-19 news page at https://georgetown.org/coronavirus-information/.