Effective Wednesday, March 10, the animal shelter will continue to focus on protecting our customers and staff while providing the highest level of customer service by following these safety measures:
- Face coverings worn by staff and visitors
- Staff health screenings
- Hand sanitizing stations
- Enhanced sanitization schedules
- Safe-spacing, floor markers
- Physical distancing
Appointments are strongly encouraged for priority customer service.
- Stray animals will be accepted by appointment whenever possible. To make an appointment, call 512-930-3592 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lost animals will be returned to their owners through appointment. Owners who are missing pets should submit a lost report at https://pets.georgetown.org/shelter-operations-during-covid/lost-pets/ or call 512-930-3592.
- Surrendered animals will be accepted on an emergency basis to minimize the number of animals coming into the shelter. Appointments are recommended.
- Adoptions will proceed via appointment. While interested adopters may see available cats and dogs when they visit, they will need a pre-approved application to schedule an appointment to interact with them. Available pets may be seen online at https://pets.georgetown.org/available-pets/, and an application may be submitted at https://records.georgetown.org/Forms/AdoptApp.
- City licenses will be sold online and in a variety of ways detailed at https://pets.georgetown.org/overview/licensing-your-pets/.