Starting Monday, April 12, the Georgetown Animal Shelter will return to appointment-based operations. The shelter will be closed to walk-in traffic. Staff turnover and an increase in animal intakes have created a need for our staff to better manage workloads while new employees are recruited, hired, and trained. In the interim, appointments will be required to visit the shelter.
- Stray animals will be accepted by appointment only. To make an appointment, call 512-930-3592 or email email@example.com.
- Lost animals will be returned to their owners through appointments. Owners who are missing pets should complete a lost pet report at https://pets.georgetown.org/shelter-operations-during-covid/lost-pets, email a description to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 512-930-3592.
- Surrendered animals will be accepted only on an emergency basis to minimize the number of animals coming into the shelter. Signs on the door and online will direct people to call for appointments.
- Adoptions will proceed via appointment. Interested adopters can view dogs and cats available for adoption at https://pets.georgetown.org/available-pets/, and submit an online application. After reviewing the application, staff will reach out to schedule appointments.
- City licenses will be sold at https://pets.georgetown.org/overview/licensing-your-pets/, or over the phone, email, or postal mail.
- The spay/neuter clinic scheduled for April will be postponed. Those that are already signed up will be contacted directly.
- Animal Control will conduct business as usual.
Appointments to drop off stray animals, surrender animals, and reclaim animals should be made during normal business hours. The shelter’s normal business hours are 11-6 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday and 12-4 on Saturday and Sunday. Residents may contact the shelter by calling 512-930-3592 or emailing email@example.com.
If you’re interested in working at the Shelter, please see our current openings and consider applying at https://georgetown.org/jobs/